Head of Learning Development | Health Social Care
Head of Learning & Development | Health & Social Care
Full time – Permanent
£50,000 – £55,000 per annum + Bonus
CCS | Compass Corporate Services are exclusively working with a care provider who have created a new position to head up the Learning and Development function.
This exciting new opportunity requires someone who is proactive in their approach to define, develop and implement Learning & Organisational Development strategies that supports the current business and future growth plans.
A key area of focus for this role will be to encourage employees to utilise the internal L&D function to develop their career, continually highlighting opportunities available across the business whilst identifying top talent which will allow you to work closely with managers and other departments to ensure talent is retained within the business.
The right person for this role will need to be an experienced manager, who has experience successfully managing a team across multiple sites/locations.
Additional responsibilities (but not restricted to):
- Budget management
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders i.e. Colleges/Universities, apprenticeship providers, external training providers, regulatory bodies etc…
- Ensure compliance across the business and the highest standards are instil across all departments
- Deliver training
- Upskill the regional trainers
- Advise and coach Senior/Executive leaders
- Carry out Training Needs Analysis across the business, ensuring all is fit for purpose
The ideal candidate would have experience or a strong understanding of the Healthcare sector.
As a national provider, this role requires regular travel nationally and occasionally stay/work away from home so flexibility to do so will be essential. Also, due to the locations of the services, a full and valid driving licence will be required along with access to your own vehicle.
- Experienced Learning & Development Manager, managing a team across multiple locations, remotely
- CIPD Training/L&D qualification(s), or equivalent
- Ability to travel, stay and work away from home
- A full and valid driving licence with access to own vehicle
- Ideally experienced working within both the Health & Social care sector.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced in a commercial environment
CCS | Compass Corporate services is a division of Compass Associates Ltd and are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis Vouchers for each successful recommendation.