Learning Facilitator – Autism Epilepsy Mental Health
Learning Facilitator Autism, Epilepsy & Mental Health
Homebased, Stoke-on-Trent (Regional)
Full Time – Permanent
£30,000 – £35,000 p.a + Company Car
CCS | Compass Corporate Services are proud to be exclusively partnering with a leading and established Learning Disability / Mental Health provider with the search for an experienced Learning Facilitator or Trainer. This exciting job opportunity requires someone to effectively deliver Epilepsy, Autism and Mental Health training for all employees within your region. The right person for this role will need to ensure that training supports continuous improvement in practice as well as the development of bespoke autism, mental health and epileptic training, in line with ILAE guidelines.
Predominately this role will be facilitating the education and upskilling of employees via classroom-based learning, tailored particularly in how to support people with mental health issues, epilepsy and autism. This will include medication and first aid training.
In addition to this main base of the role, there will be observation of trainee competency and regular updates with senior members of staff when assisting them with the development of training and trainee progression.
The company focuses highly on person centred active support for its service users, safeguarding and quality of standards.
Based from home the role will involve travelling regionally to deliver training at many branches across the South of England.- due to the nature and travel required for this role, it is imperative that you hold a valid driving licence and be flexible to work/stay away from home.
- In depth understanding of the principles underpinning effective learning and development
- Previous experience of managing induction, mandatory or specialist training for Learning Disabilities, Autism, Epilepsy, Mental Health or Challenging Behaviours.
- Good knowledge of Diabetes, Dysphagia and Pica
- Excellent knowledge of CQC standards and an understanding of relevant legislation/policy relating to the care sector and learning disabilities
- Experience in developing and delivering innovative training and learning activities
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours across Monday to Friday and to visit other worksites as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently whilst using own initiative
- Valid driving licence and the ability to travel long distance, possibly staying in hotels on the odd occasion.
- Up to date with own Continuing Professional Development
- Ideally will hold a training qualification, although not essential
- Understanding and promotion of Equality and Diversity principles
- Experience of setting up and maintaining auditable systems and processes – high level of analytical skill
CCS | Compass Corporate services is a division of Compass Associates Ltd and are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis Vouchers for each successful recommendation.
Compass Corporate Services (part of Compass Holding Group) are HealthInvestor's Recruiter of the Year 2019.